A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects environmental, biologists, archaeologists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Municipal Team works collaboratively both in their local office and across all ISL offices. Our hybrid work environment allows for in-person learning and collaboration to ensure the safety and continuous development of all staff. We are:
- Accountable – we deliver on our commitments to each other and to our clients; we enjoy our shared success
- Nimble – we shift priorities “on the fly” to provide our clients with innovative, cost effective and award-winning solutions
- Collaborative – we are an approachable and supportive team whose goal is to ensure that each of us can achieve our commitments – we are driven to help others succeed!
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Practical design and experience in municipal engineering
- How you balance shifting priorities, holding yourself accountable, and delivering on deadlines
- Your approach to collaboration and continuous learning
Your resume should show us:
- AScT, C.Tech. or C.E.T. designation, or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Practical design and construction experience in municipal engineering including roads, drainage, water distribution, sewer, and utilities design
- Municipal infrastructure delivery experience including, but not limited to, land development, municipal capital infrastructure, utilities, and/or transportation
- Drafting experience
- Familiarity with MMCD standards and various municipal Development Bylaws
- Proficiency with Civil 3D pipe networks and corridor modelling
Bonus points for:
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Highway Design experience
- Construction inspection or contract administration experience
- Land development experience
A Little More About the Role
The successful applicant will be exposed to the entire project lifecycle – from start to finish, you will see the project from conception to completion! Working in collaboration with your peers throughout the ISL office network, this role will be responsible for:
- Completion of drafting for municipal engineering including roadways, water distribution, wastewater collection, and storm water management using Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Consistently applying drafting standards and policies
- Performing design calculations and analysis
- Preparation of tender documents including specifications, cost estimating, and special provisions
- Construction inspections and contract administration
- Collaboration on projects both locally and across ISL disciplines and offices
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Langley - Municipal