A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Water and Environment Team provides expert environmental assessment, project permitting, construction monitoring and support for a wide variety of municipal, transportation, structural and land development projects within our local communities. We are a multi-disciplinary team, providing services in and around Western Canada. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- We offer our team members a diverse range of projects on which to hone their skills
- We are committed to team member career progression
- Together we enjoy a challenge and variety in our work
- We pride ourselves on delivering quality service to our clients on each of our projects
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to relationship building with internal and external clients
- How you remain organized and can work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Your experience working independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Your resume should show us:
- 7+ years experience in hydrotechnical design of various types of water-related projects
- Registered as or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. with APEGA, APEGS or EGBC
- Hydraulic modeling experience in software such as HEC-RAS, River2D, GMESS, Delft3D, HSPF, MIKE FLOOD, PCSWMM, InfoWorks ICM, etc.
- Familiarity with MS-Office products: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Access etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with Civil 3D and ArcGIS
- Previous experience in a consulting engineering environment
A Little More About the Role
While the ideal candidate would be in the Calgary region, we are open to candidates working remotely from anywhere in Alberta or British Columbia.
- Planning, analysis, and design of hydrotechnical engineering projects such as bank protection works, outfall design, flood berms, bridges, culverts, pipeline watercourse crossings, water supply ponds, sediment trap ponds, and coffer dams, etc.
- Other projects could include flood assessment, flood risk mitigation plans, and floodplain studies
- Provide support for municipal engineering projects, particularly stormwater
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of complex urban drainage systems using state of the art software
- Preparation of engineering reports, documents, and drawings
- Quality management – ensuring quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports
- Support for contract administration of projects during construction
- Developing and maintaining ongoing client relationships
- Coordination of construction administration for projects
- Proposal writing and business development
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Calgary - Municipal