A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Buildings Team works to deliver excellent service for our clients, both internal and external. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- We offer our team members a diverse range of projects on which to hone their skills and are committed to team member career progression
- Together we enjoy a challenge and variety in our work. We pride ourselves on delivering quality service to our clients on each of our projects
- Our philosophy is to grow a team we want to work with
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- How you leverage your detail-orientation skills for quality control and organizational skills when having to re-prioritize work
- Your approach to managing a team
- Why you love Mass Timber and prefabrication
- Why are interested in living and working in Canmore, Alberta
Your resume should show us:
- Demonstrated work experience via a listing of your past and current projects
- Experience with CADwork
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with and able to read architectural, civil, mechanical, and electrical drawings
Bonus points for:
- BIM 360, Civil 3D, Infraworks skills, Contract administration
A Little More About the Role
- Prepare Mass Timber CADwork models, detailed Assembly drawings and steel and timber component drawings
- Review work of the team to ensure constructability, high standards in drawings and model accuracy
- Assist with the interfaces of BIM models and structural analysis software
- Prepare structural design documents and assist with contract administration to facilitate improved delivery of our projects
- Aid in the Quality Control process of the drawing production and construction phases
- Helping to develop our drafting standards and practices to meet different client’s needs in both existing and emerging areas of our practice
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with other staff, contractors, and our clients’ representatives
- Coordinating with staff, clients, and contractors to provide excellent service and fast response is a key responsibility
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Canmore - Buildings
This is a permanent full time position