A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Squamish Office is unique - we take on projects with local impact, as well as work as part of the larger multi-disciplinary ISL team. While we live, play, and work locally, you will also have exposure to:
- Larger super-awesome projects via ISL’s Western Canadian presence
- Opportunities to develop and tailor your own career path
- A tight knit office where we solve problems together
- Flexible work environment so that you can spend time to enjoy some of the most breath-taking scenery and active lifestyle that British Columbia has to offer (and big powder days off)
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Design and construction experience
- Proficiency in Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Why you want to work in Squamish, BC
Your resume should show us:
- AScT or C.Tech. designation or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Practical design and construction experience in municipal engineering including roads, drainage, water distribution, sewer, and utilities design
- Drafting experience
Bonus points for:
- Construction inspection experience
- Understanding of or experience with MMCD
A Little More About the Role
The successful applicant will be exposed to the entire project lifecycle – from start to finish, you will see the project from conception to completion! Working in collaboration with your peers in the Squamish office and all other ISL offices, this role will be responsible for:
- Completion of drafting for municipal engineering including roadways, water distribution, wastewater collection, and storm water management using Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Consistently applying drafting standards and policies
- Performing design calculations and analysis
- Preparation of tender documents including specifications, cost estimating, and special provisions
- Construction inspection and administration
- Collaboration on projects both locally and across ISL disciplines and offices
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Squamish - Municipal