A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Edmonton Community Development teams works on a diverse range of Transportation, Municipal, Community Development and Structural projects with cross functional teams to deliver excellence for our clients. Committed to finding, mentoring and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Expertise – elevate your own game by collaborating with some of the best and brightest in the industry
- Learning – we provide fully funded educational opportunities to all staff
- Collaborative – we work together as a team and support each other to get work done
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to work as both part of a team and independently
- Your approach to time management and re-prioritizing projects when required
- Your organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Your enthusiasm for the industry!
Your resume should show us:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering (or eligibility to become registered as a E.I.T.)
Bonus points for:
- Construction inspection experience
- Topographic survey and/or construction stakeout
- Previous consulting engineering experience
A Little More About the Role
This role is based in Edmonton and will require travel within Central Alberta.
We are looking for someone with a keen attention to detail and ability to complete quality control check of their own and others’ work. You will require and must maintain a valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License. A company vehicle will be provided.
While no two days are ever the same, what you can expect to be doing in the role is:
- Prepare sanitary, storm and water servicing design briefs/reports
- Design/prepare preliminary grading and servicing plans for site and land development projects;
- Design road and utility alignments, existing and proposed grade profiles and cross sections.
- Preparation of cost estimates and associated summaries;
- Preparation of tender and contract documents including editing notice to tenderers, instruction to tenderers, tender form, supplementary general conditions, special provisions and detailed specifications;
- Complete Civil3D designs including grading functions, pipe networks, profiles, surfaces, and earthworks comparisons;
- Collaboration on projects both locally and across ISL disciplines and offices
- Review and confirm progress claims quantities
- Track progress during construction
- Visit construction site to monitor progress and other duties as per the contract documents.
- Ability to perceive pertinent detail in objects and drawings
- Ability to analyze information
- Passion for Civil engineering
- A methodical approach and attention quality in your work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Safety-oriented with care for the health and safety of yourself and others
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Edmonton - Community Development