A Little About Us
At ISL, we share an enthusiasm for community infrastructure. From planning through to design and construction management, we create nimble teams to tackle the unique requirements of every project. Our technical expertise encompasses design management, transportation, land use planning, civil engineering, municipal, landscape architecture, environmental management, water, structural, community engagement, geomatics, construction services and 3D visualization. Just the right size, ISL delivers on complex projects while being small enough to maintain strong, cohesive project teams and personal client attention and service.
ISL’s Transportation Team works collaboratively so that our employees can flourish and focus on our client’s success. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Client centric - we are known for our creative approach to problems and provide our clients with innovative, cost effective and award-winning solutions
- Continuous improvement – we are never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for creative ways to improve and get the job done
- Support - we trust our people and do not micromanage, but also give them the tools, resources, and mentorship for individual and team success
- Fun and flexible office environment – we understand the dynamic nature of life, so we offer workplace flexibility to allow achievement of personal and team goals and have fun doing it
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to establishing and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships
- An example of your time management and organizational skills in a professional environment
- How you leverage your problem-solving skills to create solutions
- What you believe are the keys to your success when it comes to collaboration
Your resume should show us:
- Successful project delivery support and execution experience
- Ability to communicate with the project team to assist with the monitoring and control of budgets, documents, and schedules
- Experience developing and updating project schedules using scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft Project) as well as providing timely updates on project status to the project manager
- Demonstrated experience with the development, tracking and updating of cost forecasts, as well as maintaining and updating project cost budgets, and invoices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word; working knowledge of Bluebeam and MS Teams
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure projects and/or BC municipal transportation projects
- Understanding of design and construction terminology, processes, and requirements
- Experience in a consulting engineering firm
A Little More About the Role
This role will focus on the coordination and monitoring of project performance which will ensure a successful project execution. Key to the candidate’s success will be the ability to balance the needs of internal and client needs. To do this, the successful candidate will demonstrate capability in:
- Supporting the successful delivery of projects but analyzing data to monitor scope, schedule, budget
- Acting as the key support to the ISL project manager and the design team
- Project Coordination – ensure project progress including stakeholder coordination, the tracking of key project performance indicators, and identification of issues that put the project in jeopardy
- Stakeholder relations – build effective relationships with internal and external clients to ensure clear communication, expectation management, and to offer guidance on issues as they arise
- Meetings – schedule and attend project meetings ensuring documentation of minutes, actions items, updates, decisions, and any other relevant information
- Reporting – create and maintain project progress and status reports as well as budget information updates
- Project Scheduling – create, monitor, communicate and update project plans and schedule changes
- Documentation – create and maintain contract documents as well as overseeing project document control
- Budget Management – create and monitor project budgets, identify and flag potential issues, monitor and review cost accruals, record and track change orders
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Langley - Highway Design