Are you a Transportation Engineer or Technologist who enjoys crafting creative solutions to manage the evolving transportation challenges of our clients? Do you take pride in team success? If so, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Transportation Team is committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual. Our collaborative team approach is integral to our success. We are:
- Innovative – we are known for our creative approach to problems and provide our clients with innovative, cost effective and award-winning solutions
- Adaptable – we pride ourselves in delivering a large range of infrastructure projects for multiple clients, geographic locations, and number of contributing disciplines or sub-consultants
- Collaborative – we work together as a team and support each other to get work done
- Continuously Improving – we are never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for creative ways to improve and get the job done
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- A listing of the major transportation projects you have been involved in
- Your approach to problem solving and challenging the ideas of others
Your resume should show us:
- Registered as P.Eng. or Engineer-in-Training with APEGA or a Civil Engineering Technologist registered with APEGA or ASET
- Diverse experience in project lifecycle and deliverable requirements for multi-discipline transportation projects
- Experience with Urban Municipalities and/or Alberta Transportation, including design guidelines and approval processes
- Experience in AutoCAD / Civil3D as well as Microsoft business products and PDF software for drawing markups and comment tracking
- Writing skills and experience for a variety of deliverables
Bonus points for:
- Experience with traffic signal design, construction, and timing plan development
- Experience with roadway lighting design and construction
- Experience with Intersection and roadway Safety and/or Operational Reviews
- Willingness to live in or relocate to the Lethbridge, Alberta area
A Little More About the Role
The successful applicant will be exposed to the entire project lifecycle - from concept planning through detailed design, tender, and construction services.
- Provide engineering design solutions to address project issues and constraints to achieve client project objectives
- Complete highway and roadway designs for various types of rural and urban transportation projects
- Planning and operational analysis of intersections
- Devise solutions to improve safety and traffic flow
- Collaborate with multi-discipline project teams and liaison with internal ISL disciplines as well as external sub-consultants to address complex project problems and provide comprehensive project solutions
- Liaise with clients and ensure client satisfaction through effective design management
- Review third party designs to ensure accuracy and compliance with project as a whole
- Provide design review during construction through to completion of post-construction drawing records and documentation
- Produce and review project construction cost estimates, risk registers, contract documents and specifications
- Project administration duties, such as preparation of meeting agendas, meeting minutes and schedule coordination
- Work in accordance with Quality Management processes, ensure technical quality of deliverables, and ensure schedule milestones are achieved
- Proposal writing, project cost estimating, and timely delivery of successful project proposals
- Document preparation including memo’s, reports, plans, briefing materials and guidelines
- Work independently
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team
Department:  Lethbridge - Transportation
This is a permanent full time position
Visit Careers at ISL Engineering and Land Services