Reporting directly to the Warehouse and Core Supply Chain Manager, this position will analyze core for potential inclusion into the core secondary database, and update the core criteria in the Core Document Center. They will field questions from the Reman Technical Call center on deduct and core questions from dealers. Provide core analysis for the core engineer, Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality, and the Supply Chain team. Runs reports for the core engineer or Warehouse and Core Supply Chain Manager.
This position would reduce the number of non-conforming core items, continuously improve core criteria, and improve response time on dealer requests for core inclusion. This position will assist in secondary core utilization as well as improving product availability.
- Analyze prints, Bill of Materials, and other engineering databases to identify non-conforming core.
- Update core criteria in the Criteria Document Center based upon performed analysis.
- Ensure secondary core database is up to date and accurate
- Teardown analysis on core when needed.
- Interact with Logistics team to ensure core is being identified correctly.
- Analyze all non-conforming cores each day to ensure dealer is credited correctly.
- Work closely with other departments to help solve issues.
- Work with suppliers to identify acceptable secondary cores.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management
· Accelerate collection of core for reman conversions
· Continuous Improvement on Core Criteria for increased dealer satisfaction
· Up to date and validated secondary core database that will increase the core supply for finished goods.
· Accurate Identification of core product previously non-conforming
· Reduced response time and credit to dealer on non-conforming core.
· Assist with driving out excess and non-moving inventory
· Product Engineering – updates on acceptable Secondary Cores to include in BOMs
· Core Team – Updates on Secondary Cores, Inspection Line Training, and issuing dealer credits
· Supply Chain Team – Email requests and status updates
· Reman Technical Call Center – Non-Conforming Core update for Dealer
· Production – updates on acceptable Secondary Cores
· Suppliers – help with identifying acceptable Secondary Cores
· Must communicate with the Safety department to ensure all safety and OSHA 1910 standards are followed
· Must communicate with the Quality department
Requirements (including minimum education & years of experience):
- Minimum GED or High School required, Associates degree in business or technical discipline preferred
- Ability to use numerous hand tools, fork truck, gauges and product testing equipment, multiple computer programs, digital camera, copier, calculator, telephone, and fax machine
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a critical function of this position and to the success of the organization
- Good oral & written communication skills, effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to read and interpret prints and Bill of Materials
- Ability to read MSDS sheets. Overtime. Reaching, lifting, stretching, bending, stooping, walking.
- Requiring hours of service that would average at least 30 hours of service per week
Travel Requirements: Physical Requirement Template (Required): x Attached
x Travel (domestic __ /international ___)
x Ability to travel by airplane Desired Behavioral Competencies (Not Required): Attached
x Ability to drive a motor vehicle
Expected % of Time: ____15%___________
Please feel free to apply to as many positions as you are interested in.
This is a full time position