Will be responsible for, but not limited to, various machining and welding processes used to reclaim material to support production. In addition, this position will support and identify opportunities for new process development.
· The value added by this operator is necessary for subsequent operations to accomplish their goals and objectives established for total customer satisfaction.
· Key contributor to material consumption and salvage success.
· Actively participate in reclaim activities and pursue new opportunities to reclaim material.
· Perform complex, routine/non-routine close tolerance machining and salvage repairs to conform to required specifications.
· Setup of all machines used in their processes.
· Fabrication of tools and fixtures used in salvage processes.
· Inspect own production parts.
· Interpret machinery and components parts blueprints/schematics.
· Must clean and organize own area at the end of every shift.
· Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management.
· Safety – Must be safety minded for both self and co-workers.
· Quality – Must be decisive in producing the best quality product for the consumer.
· Delivery – Focus on meeting and exceeding the schedule for customer demand.
· Team Leader and Supervisor to determine priorities, maintain visual signal boards
· Communication will also be directed toward R&D for future improvements and opportunities
· Must communicate with the Safety department to ensure all safety and OSHA 1910 standards are followed
· Must communicate with the Quality department to ensure all ISO standards are followed
Requirements (including minimum education & years of experience):
· Minimum GED or High School diploma
· 2 years experience in close tolerance machining required. Previous CNC experience preferred
· Technical certification is preferred. Ability to read MSDS.
· Ability to add and subtract decimals using both SAE and metric units in the process of running machinery and using gauges.
· Ability to use numerous hand tools, lathes, boring machines, drill presses, mills, welders, etc.
· Ability to effectively use and read calipers, micrometers, bore gauges, indicators, etc.
· Walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping. Overtime
· Requiring hours of service that would average at least 30 hours of service per weekPlease feel free to apply to as many positions as you are interested in.
This is a full time position