Inspects, cleans, transforms, and models data with the goal of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision making
- Possesses knowledge across the entire field of software technologies and engineering, including information, documentation, databases, model and architecture repositories, analysis, training, testing, data synthesis, hardware, software, standards, economic consideration of selecting techniques and processes, and interoperability
- Develops software planning documentation, software requirements and design documentation, software support documentation, software test description documentation,
- Conducts software validation and verification, and software engineering anomaly resolution
- Performs tasks in accordance with applicable DOD guidance (e.g., DOD Directive (DODD) 5000.1 and DOD Instruction (DODI) 5000.2) and industry standards (e.g., IEEE/EIA 12207.0, 12207.1, 12207.2, and ISO 9000-3)
- Possesses technical knowledge and familiarity to work with the installation, demonstration, test, validation and evaluation of new and existing software, tools, methods, and software measurement technologies
- Performs computer network exploitation development: embedded reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and application development for software and embedded systems with a focus on OCO, DCO, and CNE activities
- Evaluates the quality of proposed and existing software systems and solutions that support various cyber software activities and are planned to be integrated into various networks and architectures
- Performs needs and risk analysis of software packages [developmental Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) and COTS] relative to mission requirements
- Develops, updates, and evaluates software engineering standards, specifications, handbooks, or manuals in relation to the development and testing of cyber capabilities
- Documents verification and validation of solution sets and protocols, and provide technical assistance to user organizations with all aspects of software acquisition
- Develops life cycle models and customizes software analytical tools, models, decision aids, screening methods, and techniques used to evaluate and support the authenticity and continuity of DOD, national, commercial, and international information systems
- Develops specialized software/firmware modules to run on embedded hardware that communicate across native communications channels and implement specialized functions on embedded systems
- Disassembles and analyzes software and embedded firmware
- Collaborates with Cyber Innovation Unit staff working multifunctional programs integrating hardware and software reverse engineering tasks
- Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, integrates, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on user requirements
- Designs or implements complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; performs quality control on team products
- Confers with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Oversees one or more software application development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project and deliver solutions
Qualifications: (Must meet the minimum qualifications determined by Labor category description)
An ACTIVE security clearance is required: TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Minimum five years of experience in application software development
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Programming language familiarization: C, C++, Java, Python, web scripting
- System and network administration experience.
- Ethical hacker certification.
- Experience using cybersecurity technologies (network and end point)
- Understanding of working with classified materials, classification markings, and use of organizational classification guides
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs