Buying Operations Manager
This is an entry level role within the buying team. This person provides administrative support to the buyers and merchandise manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide essential support to the buying team to ensure the function runs smoothly,
- Day to day administrative support. You will actively support the buying team, taking phone calls, responding to store communication and vendor requests.
- Support buyers with necessary information they need for their department.
- Input information regarding orders and inventory management accurately.
- Respond to supplier calls and store queries.
- Maintain all the address books for suppliers and vendors.
- To adapt to the needs of the buying team and respond to ad hoc requests relevant to the role.
- May assist with inventory processing and retail operations.
- All other duties as assigned
Education, & Experience
- Previous purchasing department experience helpful but not required.
- Mathematical and Analytical Skills
- Demonstrates an interest in retail and shows an ability to comprehend figures.
- Self-starter and willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and thorough follow-up.
- Can work independently or as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- PC Computer Skills, Microsoft Windows, Outlook and Excel Proficiency required.
- Capacity to learn new reporting and software quickly.
- Typing 50 wpm
- The work environment for this position is generally an indoor controlled environment. Noise level is moderate; expect noises like office machines and light traffic.
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends during the company’s in-season time period.
- May be requested to drive company vehicle to other locations
About 1/3 of one's time will be spent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. One-third to two-thirds of one's time will be spent standing, walking, sitting, and reaching. About 2/3 of one's time will be spent using one's hands to finger, handle or feel, as well as talking or hearing. Expect to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis. Vision required: close, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some other physical demands come from continuous computer work, cash register work, sales floor work, events work, and mail order work.
Kitty Hawk Kites, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Kitty Hawk Kites
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs