Are you a beach enthusiast looking for your next adventure? Kitty Hawk Kites has been teaching the world to fly since 1974. We sell clothing, kites, watersports equipment, toys - anything you need for your next adventure! KHK operates in 7 states, with over 25 locations along the east coast! We strive to be the leading company in adventure recreation and retailing, by building a reputation for fun, and excellence through dedication to customer service, quality, safety, and value.
As a leading employer on the Outer Banks for over 40 years, Kitty Hawk Kites is looking to add experienced, energetic Assistant Retail Managers to our Outer Banks locations. This is a full-time, year round benefit eligible position.
Duties include, but are not limited to;
- Operate within the KHK Inc. core values, mission, and purpose statement
- Careful selection and training of staff.
- Maintaining correct amount of staff during various seasons and holidays.
- Attending appropriate company
- Supervision of staff.
- Maintaining the stores clean, safe, and attractive environment.
- Must be able to accurately prepare:
- Staff schedules
- Opening & closing reports
- Payroll reports.
- Sales documentation and reports.
- Marketing reports.
- Budget projections.
- Transfer forms and packing slips.
- Supervise Merchandising.
- Maintaining stock levels-check to see if items are back-stocked or available from another store.
- Making sure money is deposited daily.
- Keeping up with maintenance needs and make sure the store is kept up and taken care of.
- Assist buyer with feedback and current trends.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In most cases this position will be indoors in a climate controlled environment. There are occasions when work outdoors will be necessary, when this happens one can expect to deal with the natural elements. The noise level in this position is moderate.
About 1/3 of one's time will be spent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. One-third to two-thirds of one's time will be spent standing, walking, sitting, and reaching. About 2/3 of one's time will be spent using one's hands to finger, handle or feel, as well as talking or hearing. Expect to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis. Vision required: close, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some other physical demands come from continuous computer work, cash register work, sales floor work, events work, and mail order work.
Kitty Hawk Kites, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Kitty Hawk Kites
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs