THE KANSAS UNIVERSITY ENDOWMENT ASSOCIATION
Position Title: Development Professional - School of Engineering*
Reports to: Development Director and Team Leader (School of Engineering)
*NOTE: This position will be filled at the Development Officer, Associate Development Director or Development Director level commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Full-time professional fund-raising position responsible for assisting the Development Team with the organization, implementation, and direction of a comprehensive development program for raising private gifts to the KU Endowment Association, in support of the School of Engineering and the University of Kansas.
The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and activities.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solicits major gifts and annual gifts in support of the stated needs of the School of Engineering.
- Assists Team Leader with programs for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for prospective and current major gift donors to the School of Engineering and the University of Kansas.
- Position requires an extensive amount of time out of the office traveling to meet development goals.
- Works with the dean, department chairs, KU Endowment leadership, university administrators, faculty, and volunteer leaders as needed to meet development goals.
- Assists in the coordination, preparation and development of major gift proposals ($25,000 +) to School of Engineering prospects for presentation by the University Chancellor, the Dean of the School, Endowment staff, and volunteer leaders.
- Assists with developing and implementing annual and long-range goals, objectives, and strategies to meet the private support needs of the School of Engineering, consistent with the overall plan of KU Endowment.
- Shares supervision of the Development Administrator who provides administrative support for this constituent area.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Development Director and other Senior Development Staff.
- Upholds the highest level of professionalism, integrity, and judgment as a member of the KU Endowment team.
Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of professional experience in higher education fund raising (major gift experience preferred), university advancement, marketing, or sales. Excellent written, oral and inter-personal communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential.
Visit Careers at KU Endowment