Here follows information about the position:
Able Health Care Services believes in quality care for our clients. Join us for an exciting career in Health Care. We are looking to hire Fee for Service Physical Therapists for Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Nassau and Suffolk locations.
To apply: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=l8461
- Provision of professional therapy services in compliance with the state Practice Act, any applicable licensure, certification requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws/regulations, Company policies/procedures, and philosophy of care.
- The Physical Therapist is responsible to proactively apply professional knowledge and skills to meet the needs of the patient/client and facilitate the achievement of individualized, defined and measured outcomes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Physical Therapist provides skilled therapy interventions in the treatment of the patient/clients illness, rehabilitative needs and preventative care. He/she provides ongoing assessments, problem identification and specific therapeutic interventions, teaching and training activities. The Physical Therapist is responsible to provide service in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice, to facilitate problem resolution, and thereby, the achievement of individual patient/client goals and outcomes.
Plan of Treatment
- Confers with the patient/client’s physician in developing, implementing and revising the therapy Plan of Treatment, based on initial and ongoing assessments, and as required by policy/regulation. Adheres to the Plan of Treatment in the provision of care.
- Initiates contact with the physician and Clinical Care Manager in a timely manner, utilizing professional judgment.
- Ensures interim/renewal physician orders are obtained as necessary and communicated effectively.
Plan of Care
- Utilizes a systematic, individualized, goal/outcome driven approach in developing the therapy plan of care and in the delivery of therapy services. Ensures proactive revision or addition to the plan of care to meet the patient/client needs as assessed or diagnosed, or as required by policy/regulation.
- Assesses the appropriateness of paraprofessional care related to therapy, and appropriately incorporates problem specific interventions in the paraprofessional plan of care, as it related to physical therapy.
- Initiates and responds appropriately to contact with/from the patient/client, physician, Clinical Care Manager, other members of the healthcare team, in a timely manner as regard patient/client/family needs and status changes.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient/client, physician, Clinical Care Manager, other members of the healthcare team and the community in assuring effective care coordination, appropriate resource referrals, and supervision of paraprofessional staff. Provides paraprofessional staff with a personal care plan that reflects the current plan of care, as it relates to therapy. Supervises and evaluates the performance of paraprofessional staff, related to physical therapy directives.
- Participates in case conferences and acts as a resource for other healthcare team members in the identification, management, and/or resolution of the patient/client needs.
Teaching and Training
- Ensures that the plan of care incorporates and guides appropriate teaching related to health maintenance and prevention, safety and interventions to achieve individualized patient driven outcomes and goals.
- The Physical Therapist will prepare, submit and maintain documentation as required by the Company.
- Submission of clinical documentation, visit slips and daily time summaries/time slips is required for satisfactory completion of an assignment as defined by Company policy. Failure to provide required documentation on a timely basis as defined by policy will result in disciplinary action, and in the case of time documents, the Company will be unable to generate a paycheck due to lack of written documentation on time worked.
The Physical Therapist:
- Accurately and thoroughly documents patient care observations, interventions and evaluations on day services are rendered.
- Assures that interim (verbal) orders obtained from the physician are accurately transcribed for implementation and/or that Clinical Care Manager is contacted with information to obtain physician’s order.
- Documents supervisory visits in the patient’s record in a timely manner.
Professional Conduct and Development
- Participates in agency’s Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program (QAPI). Communicates information that enables collection and root cause analysis of data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains a professional appearance, is reliable and punctual, cooperative, and conducts self-according to accepted standards of professional practice in the course of assigned duties.
- Provides support and demonstrates understanding of the patient/client's emotional and spiritual needs.
- Understands the emergency/disaster preparedness plan and procedures in place to meet their patient/client's individualized needs.
Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required:
The candidate for this position will have graduated from a Physical Therapy Program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association, the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or The Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association, or meets alternate qualifications as states in state/federal Home Health regulations, with current licensure/registration in New York State.
The candidate will have one year of acute care or home care experience in their area of specialty. Good organization and communication skills and ability to function with minimal supervision and provide a reliable means of transportation are required.
Visitation Rates $65 per visit
To apply: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=l8461
Able Health Care Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a non-management position
This is a contract -- ffs position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs