SYSTEMS ENGINEER III – Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier Headquarters (HQ)
Base Location: Ft Belvoir, VA
Travel Percentage: Domestic travel on a semi-annual basis may be required Security Clearance: SECRET
Job Summary: PEO Soldier has identified a need for an on-site contractor Systems Engineer providing Systems Engineering (SE) management and operational support to the PEO Soldier Engineering Directorate. The position will focus on maturing our linkage and alignment of SE efforts to the PEO Soldier acquisition programs and products. A demonstrated knowledge of SE processes is crucial as PEO Soldier moves towards the Soldier as an Integrated Weapons System/Squad as an Integrated Combat Platform construct. Additional work will be in support of our Close Combat Integration Enterprise (CCIE) initiatives for the Cross Functional Teams (CFT) within the Army Futures Command (AFC).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide PEO staff level SE support to the HQs staff and PM shops.
Support development and subsequent improvement of management policy, guidance process and tools in relation to Configuration Management (CM) and SE in conjunction with the Adaptive Squad Architecture (ASA) and Squad Integration Facility (SIF).
Support the discussion/fact gathering/course of action development to address SE/integration issues in concert with Soldier stakeholders through the use of the ASA, SIF or other integration venues/events.
Evaluate SE practices and procedures within acquisition documents such as Capability Production Documents (CPD), Capability Development Documents (CDD), Systems Engineering Plans (SEP), etc.
Professionally represent and convey interests and mission objectives of the Command through oral and written communications and through participation and leadership in relevant IWGs/IPTs, meetings, and conferences; generate EXSUMs conveying interaction summary in order to contribute to the resolution of system engineering/integration issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Provide regular updates on related tasks, issues and concerns utilizing the SPEAR report, periodic Staff updates, or as needed/required for each PMO.
- Represent the Engineering Directorate as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications & Qualifications
- Recent SE experience(Required)
Recent experience within Department of Army organization (Required)
- An understanding of the Soldier platform concept to include Intra Soldier Wireless (ISW), Assured Position, Navigation and Timing (A-PNT) and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) (Desired)
- Ability to network both internally and externally within the Close Combat Integration Enterprise (Desired)
- Demonstrated strong communications skills, both oral and written (Desired)
- Demonstrated ability to work under general direction often under short time suspenses (Desired)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Required) and use of relational databases (Desired)
- Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Process Improvement training (Desired)
- A minimum BS Engineering and 10 years relevant experience (Required)
- Equivalent or experience commensurate with DAWIA Level II Systems Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering (SPRDE) certification.
This is a full time position