Senior Systems Administrator - PRIME Contract Position
A real opportunity to make a real difference. If that speaks to you, LufCo and this program are for you. Fresh start on a newly awarded prime contract at Annapolis Junction - come be a part of the LufCo adventure!
You like digging in with your teams to effectively perform requirements analysis, refinement, documentation, and some testing support and have a desire to push secure access solutions forward to support the customer. You enjoy engaging with your teammates and have strong communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels, both those that work with you and those you serve.
You bring attention to detail and possess the agency to make decisions in support of problem solving and completing tasks in a timely manner. You value the support from company leadership to deliver the highest quality product while supporting a healthy work/life balance. You want to grow and contribute to improve the mission.
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the following duties:
Implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems leveraging automation frameworks
Improve and monitor the daily activities of system configuration and operation across a full stack of hardware and software
Excel at problem solving to support mission users and provide feedback to system designers and developers
Uncanny ability to plan and update mission critical systems on a day-to-day basis without impacting a massive stakeholder community. Provide innovative methods of reliability and recovery improvements and assist in designing next generation deployment profiles for system modernization
Demonstrated knowledge across client, server, storage, network, and mobile device hardware/software
Possess a helpful attitude for problem resolution and work issue escalation between users and system developers
Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
Provides in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
Offers support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
What You’ll Need:
- A TS/SCI with Polygraph level Clearance is required to support this effort
- Linux knowledge, experience, and skills
- Fifteen (15) years in System Administration on programs or projects of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Bachelors degree in a Technical or related discipline is required
- 5 years’ of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree
What We Offer:
- Get Real Mentorship! Senior level mentors are available across the Android, DSP, RF, software architecture, and DevSecOps domains.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexibility and autonomous work with frequent collaboration
- Continuing Education and Workforce Development
- Positive work environment with professionals, no drama!
- Professional growth and mentorship
- Flexible Schedule
LufCo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This is a full time position