A real opportunity to make a real difference. If that speaks to you, LufCo and this program are for you. Fresh start on a newly awarded prime contract at Annapolis Junction - come be a part of the LufCo adventure!
You like digging in with your teams to effectively perform requirements analysis, refinement, documentation, and some testing support and have a desire to push secure access solutions forward to support the customer. You enjoy engaging with your teammates and have strong communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels, both those that work with you and those you serve.
You bring attention to detail and possess the agency to make decisions in support of problem solving and completing tasks in a timely manner. You value the support from company leadership to deliver the highest quality product while supporting a healthy work/life balance. You want to grow and contribute to improve the mission.
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
The Technical Writer will be responsible for the following duties:
Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
Demonstrated understanding of basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
Gather technical information, prepare written text
Maintain a current internal documentation library
Utilize multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
Coordinate layout and design of documents
Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
What You’ll Need:
- TS/SCI with Polygraph level Clearance is required to support this effort
- Bachelors degree in a Technical or related discipline is required
- 4 years’ of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree
- Six (6) years of experience in Technical Writing or projects and contracts of similar scope
What We Offer:
- Get Real Mentorship! Senior level mentors are available across the technical spectrum, such as software architecture, DevSecOps, and other specialized domains (DSP, RF, Android, Etc)
- Competitive Pay
- Flexibility and autonomous work with frequent collaboration
- Continuing Education and Workforce Development
- Positive work environment with professionals, no drama!
- Professional growth and mentorship
- Flexible Schedule
LufCo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This is a full time position