We are hiring full time Spanish interpreters to work from home!
Would you like to provide interpreting services via telephone to our customers and their clients all from the comfort of your home?
If so, we need your skills! Come work for Language Link as a Full Time Employee!
While headquartered in Battle Ground, Washington, we provide services to clients all over the country. We service over 240 Languages and dialects. Our interpreters and translators are important to us. Beyond their expert services, we place importance on their job satisfaction and their ability to provide for their families.
The position comes with paid vacation, sick leave, and the opportunity to participate in a 401(k). Compensation is hourly and dependent on experience. We have multiple schedules available and they will be determined after hiring.
Essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- To facilitate understanding in communication by faithfully interpreting, into the target language, everything being said without adding, omitting or changing anything.
- To maintain impartiality and show no bias or preference toward either party while interpreting.
- To interpret in the first form at all times, clarifying when necessary (informing both parties) and maintaining the highest level of confidentiality as well as abiding by the code of ethics for interpreters.
- To be aware of his or her own culture and other cultures encountered in their duties and explaining any cultural differences when appropriate.
- To preserve the highest level of proficiency by continuing to improve his or her interpreting skills and ethical performance. He or she must demonstrate the highest level of customer service towards our clients and theirs at all times.
- You must be fluent in the languages to be interpreted.
- You must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be located in the US.
Language skills required:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondences. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
We look forward to hearing from you!
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position