Come Work With Us
Be Exceptional. Deliver Excellence. Make A Difference.
LimnoTech is a leading environmental engineering firm. Our clients face water-related problems that are more challenging and costly than ever before. It is our job to help our clients make decisions based on the best available science and real-world constraints. Are you ready to join a team of smart, talented people who are motivated every day to deliver excellence and make a difference for our clients, partners, and the environment?
We have a full-time opening for an experienced geologist/hydrogeologist at our Ann Arbor office. Come work with us!
- Provide technical expertise, project management, and client service for projects primarily involving investigation, assessment, management, and remediation of soil and groundwater impacts, especially related to PFAS.
- Plan, implement, and manage subsurface investigations. Direct field personnel, manage subcontractors including labs and drillers, coordinate with site representative and clients. Occasional field work required.
- Review and synthesize site data and develop conceptual site models. Perform hydrogeological evaluations, including groundwater modeling of chemical fate and transport.
- Contribute to the development of remedial measures.
- Serve as a technical leader and mentor junior staff.
- Manage projects and interact with clients.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral reports to clients, legal counsel, and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and other leads. Maintain client relationships that foster repeat business.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or hydrogeology with coursework relevant to the technical aspects of the position. Graduate degree in geology or hydrogeology preferred, or an equivalent combination of upper level/graduate coursework and experience.
- Licensed as a professional geologist in at least one state or able to become licensed in a reasonably short timeframe, with ability to gain license in other states as required.
- Five to ten years of relevant professional experience planning and executing subsurface contaminant or hydrogeological investigations. Demonstrated experience overseeing environmental drilling operations and other relevant field work is a plus. Groundwater modeling experience is required. Experience with PFAS investigations desired, but not necessary.
- Project management experience; ability to effectively manage multiple clients, tasks, and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical and computational abilities, and strong computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed for business, mainly within the U.S.
- Ability to work in the field under a variety of conditions.
- Legal ability to work in the United States for any employer (proper documentation required).
LimnoTech rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and opportunities for increased project and corporate responsibility. We track pay of all individuals to ensure competitiveness and identify opportunities for targeted professional development. In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental and disability coverage; 401k savings; flexible benefits program; employee stock ownership program; medical leave; and more.
Our collegial environment and management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer each employee the opportunity to chart their own paths, and provide the tools and guidance to do that.
For more information about our firm, please visit www.limno.com
LimnoTech is an employee-owned (ESOP), affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
Collaboration between diverse individuals with different perspectives fosters innovative solutions. To that end, LimnoTech welcomes all qualified candidates for a diverse work force, and we are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. Employees are hired and promoted based strictly and solely on their competence to perform the work, without regard to age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation regarding gender preference, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs