Job Title: Towers Laborer
Reports to: Project Manager
Compensation: $15-$18/hr (Employees receive a generous per diem for the week to pay for hotels and food along with their hourly wage). Weekly per diem checks issued where room and board are applicable.
Based in Scottsville, NY, Tower Laborers will arrive on site at 80 West River Road, Scottsville, NY 14546 to secure materials and plans for the week then get in company vehicles and drive out to the various job sites and returning to the shop Friday afternoons.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrate safe and proper use and maintenance of all company tools and equipment
- Can communicate effectively and respectfully with the public and our clients
- Takes direction from Foreman, Clients, Safety Representatives, and Management
- Weekly travel (Monday through Friday, some weekends) all across New York State
- Extensive physical labor is required, including but not limited to, digging with a hand shovel or bar, heavy lifting, handling forms, placing concrete, assisting welders in fabrication
- Must pass DOT Physical, drug test, background check, driver’s license check, and must maintain passing results throughout the term of employment with P&CG
- Must have valid NYS Driver’s License in good standing
- Must have reliable transportation to and from company headquarters.
- Must have positive attitude, record of reliability and a desire to be trained in the safe performance of the work.
- OSHA 10 a plus
- Experience towing a trailer behind a pickup preferred
- Ability to lift and move heavy parts and equipment (up to 50 pounds or more).
- Stamina to work in various weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination for precise tasks.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods.
- Good vision, including close-up and peripheral vision, for detailed inspections.
- Hearing ability to diagnose engine and equipment noises.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Boot Allowance
- Paid Training
- Profit Sharing
Any offer of employment is contingent upon passing a DOT Physical, drug screen, background check and driver's license check, and candidates must maintain passing results throughout the term of employment with P&CG.
P&CG is an Equal Employment, Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position