Are you a weekend warrior that enjoys adventuring in the great outdoors, or you just like to unwind by the seaside? Our team has an opportunity for you to grow your professional career in a local community that is known for its outdoor amenities and affordable lifestyle. Call Campbell River home, with an opportunity to join McElhanney as a Civil Project Manager. We need your knowledge and experience in leading municipal engineering and land development projects. As a Civil Project Manager you will be tasked with leading design teams through the project life cycle, including reviewing deliverables, coordinating with design staff, and liaising with clients. You will support the junior and intermediate staff while having the benefit of working with Senior Engineers.
At McElhanney, culture is the key to our success. We seek leaders who excel in an environment where teamwork, excellence, and respect and inclusion are a priority. If you are looking for an opportunity to further your project management, and leadership skills, while contributing to the growth and diversification of our branch services, this may be the role for you!
Learn more the benefits associated with living and working in Campbell River here.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead detailed designs and production of engineering drawings and specifications; meeting all client and approval agency requirements, including new municipal utilities and road works, as well as local government utility rehabilitation and renewal projects. A registered Civil Technologist will perform this work under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of documents required for approvals, calculations, prepare development and construction cost estimates, tender documents and contracts.
- Chair regular project meetings with clients and internal staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Coordinate with other team members and monitor project progress to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved.
- Provide leadership in safety and quality management practices
- Create and review of technical reports
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and technical staff
- Regularly exceed client expectations.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role. Registration in good standing as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or registered with ASTTBC.
- Client management experience with government, construction contractors and approving authorities
- Experience in working in a construction environment is required
- Demonstrated team player’s attitude and a keen entrepreneurial spirit
- High productivity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well in a team environment
What Can We Offer You?
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership
- Financial assistance to support your relocation
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
For a full review of our projects, please visit our online portfolio: https://www.mcelhanney.com/portfolio
#LI-AM3 #senior #Hybrid
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, or people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations can be made at any stage of the selection process.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs