McElhanney has an opportunity for a Party Chief to join our team around Alberta! Reporting to the Division Manager or the project manager on site, you will direct the field crew to complete projects in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner to meet contractual and legal obligations. Within this role, you will be involved in surveying resource industry related facilities and pipelines and local construction and legal work around Edmonton. There is also a significant opportunity to work on major pipeline construction projects around Edmonton and throughout Western Canada. This is a great opportunity for an individual that is looking to grow their career in Geomatics Engineering with a well-established company.
- The ability to travel and work out of town in remote areas for up to 21 consecutive days is required
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing is required, as well as pre-site access testing as per client requirements
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Take direction from Project Manager to understand the following: project objectives, allocated budgets, goals, schedules, and timeframes
- Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time
- Field completion of various types of surveys focusing on legal surveys for the oil and gas industry as well as boundary surveys around Edmonton, various types of topographic surveys, and high precision construction surveys
- Work with the Project Manager, client, and other McElhanney staff to develop solutions and move projects forward.
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise, and accurate field notes, records, and calculations
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance.
What You’ll Bring:
- Two-year technical diploma in Geomatics or Civil Engineering with at least 2 years of previous experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in remote environments
- Capable of working independently and solving problems on the job
- Physical ability to work in mountainous and forested terrain and ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Willing to work in various environmental conditions with varied terrain, able to work in wildlife populated areas, and willing to work in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours
- Experience with Civil 3D, MicroSurvey and Trimble Business Centre is an asset
- Experience with Underground Utility Locating is an asset
- Valid driver’s license required
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good attendance, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
What Can We Offer You?
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Involvement with long-term clients in a variety of markets and industries
- Opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team of Surveyors, Engineers and Environmental Professionals
- The opportunity to be involved in one of Canada's largest private RPAS/drone programs
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan,
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
For a full review of our projects, please visit our online portfolio: https://www.mcelhanney.com/portfolio
#li-am3 #li-intermediate #intermediate #li-onsite #onsite
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, or people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations can be made at any stage of the selection process.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs