McElhanney Ltd. has a rewarding opportunity for an individual to join our survey team as a Draftsperson in Courtenay, BC. In this role, you will be responsible for using computer-assisted design (CAD) to take preliminary data and produce, edit, and/or modify technically accurate drawings and plans that meet legal, client and branch specifications.
The successful candidate will work within a team of 10 surveyors (BC Land Surveyors, Project Managers, and technicians) on legal survey, engineering/construction projects, and high-tech surveys (drone imagery, point cloud data, and orthophoto generation). This is an ideal opportunity for a talented individual to join our fast-paced team with opportunities to work on diversified projects as mentioned.
For additional information on Vancouver Island, visit our customized Vancouver Island careers page
You’re Fired Up To:
- Complete assigned drafting duties using computer-assisted design (CAD). Create accurate drawings which follow company and project specific standards and guidelines per the direction of the project manager
- Follow established practices and techniques to produce, edit, and modify standard drawings with technical accuracy from preliminary data provided by the BC Land Surveyor or Project Manager
- Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner
- Comply with all company policies including safety policies and WCB regulations
- Perform other related duties as required.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Diploma in Geomatics Engineering Technology or similar program, plus up to 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work with Autodesk products will be an asset.
- Ability to work with MicroSurvey products will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and within a busy and high-performing team.
- Ability to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail.
What’s In It For You?
McElhanney’s culture of mentorship and career growth make this position ideal for the successful candidate to be mentored by senior management and specialists within our organization.
We are proud to be listed as one of the Best Places to Work in Canada and Gold Standard for Best Managed Companies. Working with us provides unique opportunities such as building entrepreneurial skills and guiding projects of all sizes from start to finish.
A Full Range of Benefits to Keep You Healthy & Happy
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Flexibility to work remotely part time as needed
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership
- Financial assistance to support your relocation
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
At McElhanney, we are committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements outlined above. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you could bring to the McElhanney team!
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
#LI-AM3 #Junior #Li-junior #hybrid #li-hybrid
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs