McElhanney Ltd. has a rewarding opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Field Surveyor to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Division Manager of Construction & Engineering surveys, you will be a key surveyor in servicing civil and structural projects with the Metro Vancouver region, including, but not limited to, residential, arterial and highway roadworks, buildings, minor and major utilities, airports, parks, recreation and port facilities. Further opportunities to work remotely are available as well.
This position will work alongside a great team of surveyors, engineers, biologists, technologists, and support staff throughout the company on a wide range of exciting projects. Opportunities are endless with out-of-town or remote work. We service numerous transportations, mining, utility projects across BC and Alberta.
- Perform field survey as per standards provided, using conventional total stations and digital levels. This may include topographic survey for engineering design, construction related as-builts and layout, control traverses/networks, and legal property pin ties to fit cadastral bases
- Assist Division Manager in project operations to maximize efficiencies with respect to procedures, workload, staffing, equipment, safety, quality and financial outcomes
- Supervise and mentor staff to assist with professional development and foster an engaged culture with strong technical capabilities
- Represent McElhanney to clients, businesses, and professional associates to enhance McElhanney’s positive public profile
- While mostly a field position, there is opportunity to do a great deal of office technologist work, i.e., planning, preparing files for field use, post-process field data, drafting, etc.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in geomatics, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work overtime when required; with the understanding that the workload will fluctuate and support is available
- GNSS experience is an asset
- Valid BC driver’s license
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
What we can offer you
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Great benefits, including extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee and Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support for all employees and their families either online or over the phone
- Vehicle & equipment provided, and opportunity to work very independently, with support as needed
- A family-like culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Continuous support for your professional development and growth, including access to courses on our Learning Hub, paid professional development, mentorship program, and encouragement to join internal committees and technical service groups.
#LI-AM3 #Junior #LI-JUNIOR #LI-HYBRID #HYBRID
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, or people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations can be made at any stage of the selection process.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs