McElhanney has an exciting opportunity for a Junior/Intermediate Civil Engineer to join our team in Campbell River, BC. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide innovative and integrated consulting services on planning, design and construction projects for both our communities and land development clients. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to grow their technical skills in Civil Engineering. Working alongside a great team of engineers, you will support staff throughout the company on a wide range of exciting projects and deliver great projects for our exceptional clients.
We have industry-leading professionals and mentors, and a culture that fosters growing future leaders. Our team has a reputation of taking great care in developing our people and fostering a positive, friendly, and rewarding work environment. Join McElhanney, a firm with big company opportunities, and a small company feel!
For additional information on Vancouver Island, visit our customized Vancouver Island careers page.
Live in Campbell River
Situated on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, Campbell River is the gateway to the North Island. With a mild winter climate, you can enjoy recreation activities all year long, such as golf, hiking, fishing and camping. Campbell River is also less than 45 minutes away from Mount Washington Alpine Resort to enjoy winter activities. With some of the most affordable housing on Vancouver Island, buyers have access to oceanfront properties, single family homes and recreational properties. With its stunning panoramic views, close proximity to Strathcona Park as well the discovery Islands and Discovery Passage to explore, there is no surprise as to why people are moving to Campbell River.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work directly with our long-standing local clients including municipalities, indigenous communities, and land developers to help realize their infrastructure projects.
- Provide planning and design support including preparation of drawings, calculations and modelling for civil works (water, wastewater, stormwater and roads)
- Author technical memos and reports to support projects from feasibility through to detailed design
- Assist in the preparation of approval, tender and contract documents
- Complete field inspections to monitor the quality and progress of the work being performed
- Provide support to other departments (survey, materials testing, and environmental engineering) to learn about and develop a holistic approach to project execution
- Work with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved and maintained.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution with 0-5 years of design experience
- Proficiency in the application of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Construction related experience is an asset
- Registration in good standing as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) in British Columbia, or eligibility to be registered
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Possession of a valid BC driver’s license is required at the time of hire
What Can We Offer You?
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your lifestyle
- Great benefits, including extended health & dental coverage, healthcare spending account, & RRSP matching
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous Performance Bonus Plan
- Financial assistance with relocation if applicable
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Continuous support for your professional development and growth
- Employee and Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support for all employees and their families either online or over the phone
- Participation in our numerous programs that support our Four Cornerstones: people & communities, clients & partners, processes & technology, and financial.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs