McElhanney Ltd. is seeking a motivated individual to join our Langley, BC office as an Environmental Technician for 1-year term with possibility for a full-time, permanent placement. The successful candidate will be an important member of our local environmental team with a focus on local environmental monitoring and will have the opportunity to work with a team of more than 45 environmental professionals.
We have industry-leading professionals and mentors, and a culture that fosters growing future leaders. Our team has a reputation of taking great care in developing our people and promoting a positive, friendly, and rewarding work environment. Join McElhanney, a firm with big company opportunities, and a small company feel!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participate in the planning and execution of environmental projects and field programs (i.e., environmental monitoring, erosion and sediment control, surface and groundwater monitoring, sediment and soil sampling, etc.)
- Perform construction monitoring in response to inclement weather events – this may require weekend work in exchange for days off during the week
- Prepare and adhere to site-specific health and safety plans
- Provide support to other departments (survey, geotechnical engineering, materials testing, and civil engineering) to learn about and develop a holistic approach to project execution
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience is an asset, preferably in Construction
- Relevant Diploma, or University degree in Environmental Science
- Willingness to work overtime and on weekends, ability, and interest to travel and work on remote projects as necessary
- High productivity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well independently and in a team environment are essential
- Proven report writing experience, client liaison skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A valid BC driver’s license
What Can We Offer You?
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Great benefits, including extended health & dental coverage, healthcare spending account, & RRSP matching
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous Performance Bonus Plan
- Continuous support for your professional development and growth
- Employee and Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support for all employees and their families either online or over the phone
- Participation in our numerous programs that support our Four Cornerstones: people & communities, clients & partners, processes & technology, and financial
Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation, and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people
#junior #Hybrid #LI-AM3
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
Centrally located in Southwestern BC’s Lower Mainland, the City of Langley is one of Metro Vancouver’s dynamic and thriving Regional City Centers. Within just 10 square kilometers (4 square miles), the City of Langley contains six established residential neighborhoods, a natural wetland of regional significance, parkland exceeding 300 acres, high density residential development, a revitalized pedestrian-oriented downtown, a regional shopping center and one of the most active industrial and service commercial land bases found in the Lower Mainland
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, or people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations can be made at any stage of the selection process.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
This is a contract/temporary position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs