Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
Our award-winning engineers embrace a trailblazing spirit by challenging conventional thinking, questioning the status-quo and expressing our passion to use engineering to make the world a better place. We recognize that our projects must serve the interests of our communities for the long term. Therefore, our teams specialize in municipal infrastructure & roadways, water resources, transportation, land development, structural, geotechnical, construction and electrical engineering services. From senior management to our most junior recruits, we are partners in solving our clients’ challenges.
McElhanney Ltd. seeks a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Cranbrook, BC office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and talented individual to use their design and project management skills in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Management of geotechnical investigations and studies, complete with interpretation and documentation of results, on a wide variety of transportation, municipal, land development and resource related projects
- Geotechnical analyses of stability, stress, deformation and foundation response utilizing a suite of software routines
- Carry out or supervise field inspection of construction works
- Preparation of fee estimates and proposals, assist with business development and client management
- Preparation of concise geotechnical reports complete with pertinent recommendations
- Management of project schedule and budgets
- Oversight, Guidance, Direction and Mentoring of junior or technical staff.
- University degree in Geotechnical/Geological Engineering or Civil Engineering with a geotechnical emphasis
- Minimum of 4 years' of progressive experience in consulting engineering in the private sector, with past experience on design projects such as roads, foundations, retaining, etc.
- Familiarity with seismic engineering and modeling
- Past experience with slope hazard assessments; land development applications
- Registration as a P.Eng. in BC, or eligible for registration
- Familiarity with computer modeling programs used to develop designs; knowledge of AutoCAD and geotechnical software (i.e. RocScience, GeoStudio software)
- Strong technical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a multidiscipline team in various environments
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our Cranbrook office is in the sunniest city in BC. Cranbrook is the largest city and the regional hub of the Kootenays, positioned in the Rocky Mountains, with many nearby ski hills, golf courses, and numerous outdoor adventure opportunities in the lakes, trails and mountains nearby. Come and work with us, get rid of your commute, and live the Kootenay lifestyle.McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs