The Host is the first and last point of contact for all restaurant guests both via phone and while dining or drinking at the restaurants. In essence, you are the opening act and memorable close for each guest’s soulful journey at the Madeline Hotel & Residences. Primary responsibilities include warmly greeting, seating and bidding fond farewells while assuring each guest’s known preferences are acknowledged and assure a memorable story. Hosts also assure smooth, simple seating and table turns, managing wait lists and special requests. Communications on the phone and in person are clear, friendly and empathetic.
- Greet guests, answer phones, take and maintain reservations and wait lists as well as special requests
- Seat guests according to standard, calculate table turns and communicate wait times effectively
- Passionate desire to connect with guests and live the Madeline Hotel brand
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation, and work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly while providing service to many guests at any given time
- Two years of experience in customer service, preferably food and beverage
- Punctuality; regular and reliable attendance
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public
- Ability to comfortably learn and communicate all menu items
Two (2) years’ experience as a host
Basic computer skills, general knowledge of POS systems
Madeline Hotel and Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel and Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel and Residences with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs