Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
The Madeline Hotel & Residences, an Auberge Resorts Collection, is ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, is the stunning alpine resort above the historic town of Telluride, Colorado. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel finely blends Auberge’s distinctive flair for authentic and elevated experiences with the local flavor of the destination. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline features guest rooms and suites and one- to four-bedroom residential condominiums that offer expansive Mountain Village views and sophisticated alpine amenities. At the helm of the resort’s culinary program is Chef Bill Greenwood who brings his expertise to the hotel’s signature restaurant, Black Iron Kitchen + Bar, delivering Rocky Mountain flavors with the pioneering essence of the American West. Additional amenities include: the best ski-in/ski-out access in town; slope-side Ski Valet offering seamless service and state-of-the-art equipment; the 4,000-square-foot Sky Terrace featuring a heated outdoor swimming pool, hot tubs, fire pits and al fresco lounge; The Madeline Ice Rink; the 3,000-square-foot M Lounge featuring a game room, outdoor fire tables and an indoor/outdoor bar; an alpine-inspired spa and salon, along with yoga, Pilates, and personal training studio. In November 2018, Madeline introduced Sleeping Indian Ranch, a 30,000-acre ranch in the San Juan Mountains, to its unique residential portfolio.
Join our team as Food and Beverage Director at the Madeline Hotel & Residences and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, you will serve the needs of the business, our guests and your fellow team members by leading the Food & Beverage operation. The Food & Beverage Director is responsible for ensuring that visitors have a great experience, are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings, and want to come back to the base camp of the mountain to experience the deeply personalized service that Auberge Resorts is known for.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Be curious about the latest in food & beverage styling and design
- Be aware of competitor offerings in the local market, and continually strive for excellence to be the best
- Responsible for all aspects of of FB service - including, but not limited to, revenue achievement, cost control, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, budgeting, forecasting, standard development/maintenance, and staff hiring and development
- Participate in preparation of the hotel's strategic and marketing plans. Prepare the Food and Beverage Department budget
- Ensure that Food & Beverage Auberge standards are reflected in the guest experience
- Provide leadership in all Restaurants, banquets, and in room dining, ensuring a smooth running, profitable operation
- Inspire a seasonal staff to deliver heartfelt service, with a desire to return over multiple seasons
- Deliver informative daily staff rallies
- Liaise with talent & culture in all employee matters including interviewing and hiring, orientation, appraisals, and coaching to ensure effective staffing and productivity
- Identify training needs, providing a constant focus on training and re-training to continually improve the guest experience
- Remain personally responsible for maximizing quality levels of product and service, and guest satisfaction
- Lead pricing and preparation of menus in coordination with the culinary team, develop an exciting beverage and wine program
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards and liquor laws.
- Select and liaise with top suppliers with a focus on local and diverse offerings.
- Be a sales champion for the hotel, generating and following up on business referrals and potential sales leads to maximize business for the hotel.
- Be a champion of the hotel in the local community, reaching out to develop relationship, attending guest and official functions
- Deliver and exceed the expectations of the sophisticated 21st-century luxury consumer.
The successful candidate will bring a passion for food and beverage, the ability to inspire and lead a seasonal staff, knowledge of operating in the mountains, and a desire to drive excellence in guest experiences in the restaurant, bar, at the pool, in banquets, and in-room dining.
- 5-8 years progressive experience in leading food & beverage operations
- Proven ability to drive a profitable operation
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal English communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience curating and executing creative events in a variety of settings
- Keen eye for detail
- F&B experience in mountain settings
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel and Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection is the premier resort in Telluride, one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventure. Ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, this stunning alpine resort sits mid-mountain overlooking the historic town of Telluride. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel has on its doorstep the world-famous Telluride Ski Resort, along with year-round recreation, shopping and festivals and offers easy gondola access to Telluride and the valley below. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline welcomes guests as well as locals.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs