Whether traveling on a ski trip to Telluride or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked tropical fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as a Room Attendant for the Madeline Hotel, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by cleaning the guest rooms as assigned in a timely and thorough manner, ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done Within the Auberge family, our leaders our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Clean assigned rooms according to system standards including the bedroom/living room, bathroom, and furnishings.
- Remove dirty linen and replace it with clean par to designated layout
- Place and restock appropriately guest amenities, bath amenities, facial and toilet tissue, literature and other collateral; ensure adequate and supply for arriving guests
- Ensure proper setting, placement and working order of clock, TV, thermostat, light and other fixtures. Report any deficiencies to management
- Inspect all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and alert management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and associates
- Report any “out of the ordinary” circumstances, including exceptionally dirty studios, missing items or studio status discrepancies (clean, dirty, vacant, occupied)
- Maintain and restock work cart each day; responsible for proper utilization of equipment, supplies and guest amenities
- Inspect linens before placing them in studios and return below standard pieces to Laundry.
- Responsible for the proper administration of key control for issued keys and keys left by guests in rooms
- Ensure absolute respect for the guest’s personal property as well as the confidentiality and security of all guest studios
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, associates, and management.
- One year prior experience in a luxury resort.
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
Auberge Resorts is proud to support the needs of our team members and their families with a competitive and affordable benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account
Basic Life and AD&D
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness program and initiatives with opportunity to avoid an increase in monthly benefit costs by completing an annual health assessment and other requirements
Voluntary plans: short- and long-term disability, additional life insurance coverage, accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity coverage, and legal insurance
401(k) program and receive a match on employee contributions.
Throughout their employment, and beyond, team members have access to the Auberge Benefits Resource Center to get answers to questions and how best to utilize their benefits.
Eligibility to enroll in our benefits is based on the applicable waiting period and employment status. Some benefits may require an employee contribution. The Plan documents supersede this description.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Madeline Hotel & Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Madeline Hotel & Residences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Madeline Hotel & Residences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We offer competitive rewards, training and career development. Our benefit package includes health insurance options, flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement account with a Company contribution, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Madeline Hotel:
Madeline Hotel & Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection, ideally situated in the heart of Mountain Village, is the stunning alpine resort above the historic town of Telluride, Colorado. The 83-room and 71-residence hotel finely blends Auberge’s distinctive flair for authentic and elevated experiences with the local flavor of the destination. Surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline features guest rooms and suites and one- to four-bedroom residential condominiums that offer expansive Mountain Village views and sophisticated alpine amenities. At the helm of the resort’s culinary program is Chef Bill Greenwood who brings his expertise to the hotel’s signature restaurant, Black Iron Kitchen + Bar, delivering Rocky Mountain flavors with the pioneering essence of the American West. Additional amenities include: the best ski-in/ski-out access in town; slope-side Ski Valet offering seamless service and state-of-the-art equipment; the 4,000-square-foot Sky Terrace featuring a heated outdoor swimming pool, hot tubs, fire pits and al fresco lounge; The Madeline Ice Rink; the 3,000-square-foot M Lounge featuring a game room, outdoor fire tables and an indoor/outdoor bar; an alpine-inspired spa and salon, along with yoga, Pilates, and personal training studio. In November 2018, Madeline introduced Sleeping Indian Ranch, a 30,000-acre ranch in the San Juan Mountains, to its unique residential portfolio.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Auberge Resorts, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position