- Full-time, Exempt, 12 month approximate work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the Agency’s contracts, or at Agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 - 4, $5,089 - $5,891 /month Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified candidates has been established.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.A. in Child Development, Education or related field, as deemed by the agency.
- Two years supervisory experience in a child development setting.
- Four years professional teaching experience in a child development program.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly) and Pediatric First Aide (yearly) which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
- Knowledge of the High Scope curriculum model.
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain current knowledge in child development theory and practice, including program curriculum (High Scope curriculum).*
- Assess training needs of teaching staff, plan and present individual or group workshops.*
- Model appropriate teaching strategies.*
- Supervise and evaluate staff as assigned.*
- Participate in development of the annual program plan assessments, and program reviews.*
- Promote full enrollment and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Coordinate with other components for effective and unified delivery of all program services.*
- Maintain current knowledge of licensing from funding source(s) and licensing.*
- Establish and maintain appropriate staffing to ensure compliance with program requirements (including substituting as needed).*
- Conduct and document required site visits.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.*
- Represent the division and the agency in the community and with other agencies.
- Communicate program needs to Division Director.*
- Other duties as assigned.*
- Works under the direction of the Program Supervisor
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: State Preschool
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs