- Part-Time 25 hrs/wk , Non-exempt, approximate 9 ½ month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may change due to Federal regulations, State regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency direction.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1-4, $15.43/hr - $17.86/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants is received.
- Twelve semester units acceptable to licensing in Child Development, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- One year experience working with children.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Command of Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, or Spanish preferred.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan and implement a preschool program based on High/Scope Curriculum.
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.
- Develop and maintain learning center which reflect the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program.
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active learning.
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Encourage language development and respect for language diversity in the classroom and community.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality preschool program.
- Actively participate in in-service training.
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Cooperate with the Site Director or Associate Site Director in planning, supervision, and implementation of the overall program.
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities.
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning checklist.
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.
- Assist the Site Director or Associate Site Director as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Site Director/Teacher and Education Coordinator
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: State Preschool
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs