- Full Time
- Twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 3, $15.37/hour - $16.95/hr Initial salary placement is Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been established.
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
- Eighteen months working experience working with children.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) which is acceptable to Community Care
- Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan and implement preschool program based on the High Scope Curriculum.
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program. Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active learning.
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Encourage language development and respect for language diversity in the classroom and community.
- Cooperate with the Site Director and Teacher in planning, supervision and implementation of the overall program.
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities, including Family Nights.
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality preschool program. Work effectively with other team members.
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning checklist.
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.
- Assist the Site Director and Teacher as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Works under direction of the Site Director
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash Out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Full-Day Preschool
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs