- Full time, TEMPORARY position.
- Hours may vary, including evenings or weekend hours or holidays as required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the Agency's contracts, or at Agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 3, $20.82 - $22.96/hr. Initial Salary Placement is Step 1.
- Two years experience in the construction industry or in general building maintenance including rough or finish construction, plumbing, electrical and painting.
- Ability to use typical construction hand tools.
- Ability to lift weights of 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver's License, use of a pickup or other truck for daily use on the job and automobile liability insurance.
- Driving record acceptable to agency’s insurance carrier (when assigned an agency owned vehicle to drive during work hours).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Repair and installation of doors, windows, sinks, cabinet doors, electrical fixtures, paneling, siding.*
- Repair and install plumbing fixtures.*
- Trouble shoot and repair phone line problems.*
- Repair and paint exterior and interior surfaces.*
- Assist gardening and painting staff as needed.*
- Maintain playground surfaces and materials.*
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and other items as directed.*
- Report and correct safety hazards.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain quality facilities.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor as needed.*
* Denotes essential job functions
- Works under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs