- Year-round, before and after school, licensed child care program from 4.9 to 12 year olds
- Full time, Non-exempt, 10-12 month approximate work year.
- Work schedule hours vary on a daily basis.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 3, $21.17/hr. - $24.73/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Child Development Teacher permit.
- Three semester units in administration, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Four years teaching experience.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventive Health which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
While in the classroom:
- Substitute as needed and directed by Education Coordinator.*
- Adjust to the schedule and needs of the site where assigned.*
- Be flexible in daily assignments and be ready to change site assignments if necessary.*
- Plan and conduct group activities based on the Surround Care curriculum.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active participation.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parent, and co-workers.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Work with the children to maintain a clean environment both inside and outside.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality school age program.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities, including Family Nights.
- Interact in a positive manner with School District personnel and other visitors.*
- Supervise the Assistant Teacher in the classroom.*
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning checklist.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Site Director/Teacher as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
While in the office:
- Answer telephones and take accurate telephone messages.*
- Give program information to new clients.*
- Interact in a positive manner with office personnel and teaching staff.*
- Light typing as needed.*
- Complete assigned paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.*
- Other office tasks as assigned.*
- Assist the Surround Care Education Coordinator as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Surround Care Education Coordinator and Family Service Manager.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Surround Care
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs