*Actual site located in San Gabriel, CA*
- Part-time, non-exempt, 9 1/2 month approximate work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified candidates has been established.
- Forty eight semester units with a passing grade of “C” or better OR Instructional Aide Permit issued by the school district where the employee is assigned. (For staff assigned to San Gabriel USD)
- Twelve semester units in Child Development, Education or Social work, or related field as deemed by the agency with a passing grade of “C” or better. And pass RUSD Ability to Assist exam OR meet the RUSD qualifications for an Instructional Aide (for staff assigned to Rowland USD).
- Six months working experience working with children ages 12-15.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist in providing a coordinated, educational program based on the enrichment program curriculum.
- Maintain “hub” portable to reflect the interests and needs of the students in the program.
- Provide a safe and well supervised environment.
- Work with children to maintain a clean environment in the library, classrooms, playground and any other areas of the campus used by the program.
- Coordinate activities with school administration, teachers and collaborative community partners.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, volunteers, staff and school personnel.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality enrichment program.
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.
- Works under direction of Lead Teacher.
- Other duties as assigned
- Works under direction of the Lead Teacher.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to itsemployees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Enrichment Program
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs