- Full Time
- Twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1A – 5, $21.99/hr- $26.09/hr. Initial salary placement is Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been established.
- AA/BA degree in Child Development or related field.**
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit
- Three years teaching experience.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventative Health which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversee the entire CDC site operations and daily functions according to Options policies and procedures while guidance and support to site staff.
- Plan and implement preschool program based on the High/Scope Curriculum.*
- Prepare and implement individual educational plan for each child.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active learning.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Read and implement all agency/division and program policies and procedures.*
- Encourage language development and respect for language diversity in the classroom and community.*
- Facilitate monthly site staff meetings.
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities, including Family Nights.
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Supervise Teacher, Associate Teacher, and Assistant Teacher.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, volunteers and staff.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality preschool program.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning checklist.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Education Coordinator as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Education Coordinator
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash Out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Full-Day Preschool
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs