- Full Time
- Twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4, $15.75/hour - $18.21/hour. Initial salary placement is Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been established.
- Twelve semester units in social work, psychology, sociology or related field, or six semester units in nursing or health related field and six semester units in social work, psychology, sociology or related field, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Ability to transport parents when needed
- Ability to advocate for parents with federal, state, and private agencies to obtain services
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with expectant parents to identify family and cultural support networks that may provide support and assistance.*
- Work with Disabilities Coordinator and Health Coordinator to assist pregnant women to access comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care, through referrals.*
- Provide family support services and referrals for a caseload of families including transportation, translation and parent advocacy.*
- Maintain and utilize referral list of local agencies for parents.*
- Distribute lists of resources to parents annually.*
- Maintain detailed data records on parents served, services provided, services received, and outcomes.*
- Develop and present monthly and annual reports including narrative and data section to the Early Head Start Director in a timely manner.*
- Provide education and job training resources for parents.*
- Report and discuss program needs with Family Service Coordinator as circumstances require.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.*
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Other duties as assigned
- Works under direction of the Early Head Start Director
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash Out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Early Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs