- Full-time, Non-exempt, ten and one-half month approximate work year.
- Requires travel to various local clients on a daily basis.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 3 $18.03/hr.-$19.88/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
- Child Development Teacher Permit.
- Three semester units in administration, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- AA degree in Child Development or related field. This qualification shall automatically be revised to be consistent with Head Start law and regulations.**
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventive Health which is acceptable to community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- A California Drivers License, daily use of automobile and automobile liability insurance.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan and create an engaging in-home parenting education program focusing on the parent and his/her interaction with the child.*
- Prepare and implement individual educational plan for each child. *
- Plan and present workshops for parents, assists parents in conducting Parent Center Committee meetings. *
- Actively participate in in-service training. *
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality home base preschool program. *
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff. *
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with other team members. *
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities. *
- Promote full enrollment; and participate in recruitment of children as directed. *
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely, basis, according to agency policies and procedure. *
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Parent Educator Coordinator
*Denotes essential job functions
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs