Are you interested in working on top of the world? Does working with a highly acclaimed Chef and Beverage program excite you? If yes, Sierra Mar Restaurant at the world renowned Post Ranch Inn, is looking for experienced Servers with full time availability to join our team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report to work promptly, neatly groomed and dressed in proper uniform
- Perform daily side work as assigned
- Provide warm, friendly and unique guest experiences through food and beverage offerings
- Answer guests questions about the menu
- Offer wine, cocktails, specialty coffees and other beverages to guests
- Ensure proper coursed items are presented with descriptions
- Engage with guest and provide information about the menu, Big Sur, Sierra Mar and Post Ranch Inn
REQUIREMENTS: The right candidate will possess extensive food and wine knowledge, be familiar with serving in a fine dining atmosphere, have a genuine friendly, outgoing demeanor and be willing to go above and beyond to create a unique guest experience. Culinary experienced individuals with a passion for hospitality highly preferred. High school diploma/GED required, some college or equivalent work/education experience.
1. Ability to use repetitive hand and body motions
2. Ability to stand for extended periods of time
3. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. from ground to overhead
4. Ability to push and pull forces of up to 50 lbs.
5. Exposure to outdoor climate and varying temperatures
ABOUT US: Post Ranch Inn offers its employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest. We offer very competitive benefits which include health, dental, vision and life insurance, mileage reimbursement for commuters, a 401K match, referral bonus program, discounts throughout the property and Guest Experience Stays. In addition to these wonderful benefits, Sierra Mar offers an employee culinary reference library, educational trips, ongoing culinary education and the opportunity to pick fresh ingredients directly from our garden on property.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment. All employees go through a Green & Safe Orientation, a daily screening test, and receive company logo face coverings and thermometers.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position