POST RANCH INN, the world renowned boutique hotel in Big Sur, seeks a PBX team member! This position will start at the Front Gate and Reservations on property in Big Sur. This position does have the opportunity once fully trained with on property operations, to work remotely in our Carmel Office.
JOB OBJECTIVE: As a member of Post Ranch Inn, the PBX Operator will work directly within the Guest Services and Reservations team to ensure a world class guest experience through communications and call operations for the entire property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Answers all incoming calls from the 800 number and local numbers
- Stays abreast of tariffs, packages, and discounts, and has a working knowledge of the reservations department, making same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation and other pertinent reservations policies
- Follows up on calls from inn guests (for requests of housekeeping or restaurant services)
- Familiar with the detailed knowledge of the Post Ranch staff, departments, the services they provide and their hours of operation
- Responsible for radio communications and prompt notification to housekeeping for all checks outs (early, late, on time and special requests)
- Receives and transmits telephone messages
- Answers inquiries pertaining to Post Ranch services; registration of guests; shopping, dining, local attractions and hikes, travel directions
- Keeps record of room availability and guests’ accounts
- Assists with handling guest check-outs in an efficient, friendly and professional manner
- Posts charges for room, food, liquor, and/or telephone to the guests’ account
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or spa reservations
- Communicates all critical guest information to the following shift, reads and initials log book daily to keep updated on all current information.
- Attends all department meetings. Maintains an awareness of all activities taking place at the Ranch
- Reports to appropriate manager regarding any discrepancies or requests, and follows through with resolution of all complaints
- Adheres to all safety and emergency procedures, and is responsible for informing DH and GM in the event of an alarm
- Maintains a clean and tidy work area
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Fill-in for Reservations. Other duties as assigned by Guest Relations Supervisor and/or Manager.
JOB DETAILS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty beyond our guests expectations. Must have flexible availability.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pay range for the PBX Operator position is $19.50 - $20.65 per hour
ABOUT US: Post Ranch Inn is one of the most acclaimed five star luxury resorts in the world and is consistently listed as one of the world's best places to stay. Embracing the dramatic beauty of the California coastline with its cliffs, mountains, and panoramic ocean views, the 39 guestrooms and private homes blend rustic elegance with luxury and comfort, intertwined with a strong commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
Post Ranch Inn is a member of the prestigious Preferred Boutique Hotel group, and hotel amenities include the Sierra Mar restaurant. This Wine Spectator Grand-Award winning restaurant offers exquisite dining with a menu that changes daily, complimentary gourmet breakfast buffet and a spectacular setting with endless ocean views. Guests can relax by the pools and take in the splendid views; rejuvenate with an in-room massage, spa treatment or yoga class; or explore all that nature has to offer. Picturesque Monterey and Carmel are a short drive away.
Post Ranch Inn offers its employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest. We offer very competitive benefits which include affordable insurance plans, paid vacation and sick time, 401K Retirement Matching Contribution, discounts throughout the property and Guest Experience Stays. Post Ranch Inn is also proud to offer onsite employee housing (based on availability).
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position