Position: Corporate Controller
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Management Company: Coury Hospitality - a growing, Midwest hotel management/ownership company of independent, boutique hotels.
On behalf of Coury Hospitality, we are recruiting for this RARE opportunity to join this rapidly expanding, privately owned luxury hotel management/ownership company as they double their size in the next 2 years from 5 independent hotels to around 13, not to mention they also currently own/manage 6 restaurants and 2 bars within their various hotels.
Click on the link at the bottom of the page to see all of their exciting projects, including the expansion of their Ambassador brand and other amazing, "historic renovations" and unique hotels coming to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Amarillo Texas and other large mid west cities.
This is a very exciting time and a great fit for an accounting team member with multi-hotel, pre-opening, development and independent hotel experience.
Join a great “out of the box” team as they make waves in the Midwest with their innovative hotel and F&B operations.
The position is based out of the corporate office and is responsible for detailed full cycle accounting for corporate operations, their 5+ managed properties, ownership entities, and development, with an additional 8+ in the pipeline.
IMPORTANT: We are looking for a candidate who is able to jump in and make a difference right away, as there is new development happening now so handling existing properties while also setting up new ones is important.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directly manages the corporate accounting and administrative team.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements, budgeting, and cash forecasting for all properties.
- Responsible for all accounting policies, processes, and standard operating procedures for the company and for the effective training of hotel management on the accounting procedures.
- Responsible for AP process and intercompany reconciliations.
- Responsible for oversight of cash management and payroll.
- Establish and oversee internal control procedures.
- Oversee Corporate Accounting Systems.
- Identify, develop, and report on key financial and operational performance measures.
- Responsible for property liability insurance, and employee benefits insurance via partnership with Director of Human Resources.
- Proactively analyze all operations and systems to continually improve efficiency and profitability.
- Ensures compliance with statutory payroll and property tax reporting.
- Thorough understanding of general ledger accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Direct and to the point when discussing accounting matters with executive team
- Detail oriented at all times
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or M3 Accounting Core software is a plus
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and able to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects
- Strong personal accountability and work ethics
- Multi-hotel, pre-opening, investor/owner, development and independent hotel experience or a combination of some of it, a HUGE plus
- Brand experience ok
- Experience completing time critical projects responsibly
- Experience with general ledger posting, month end closing, and reconciliations
- Degreed accountants will be considered
- Strong math and analytical skills
- 5-7 years of hotel Industry experience required, some of that in a Controller or DOF position
Position Reports To: COO
Positions Reporting To DOF: Directly manages the corporate accounting and administrative team of 3, property administration regarding the accounts payable and daily report recording and a dotted line to payroll team member.
Salary: 6 figures - to be discussed in interview
Bonus: Yes- to be discussed in interview
Benefits: Full benefits, including health and dental (75% employer paid medical and dental), hotel and F&B/restaurant discounts, 401K with match, PTO - 0-2 yrs – 3 weeks; 3+yrs – 4 weeks
Work Permit: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
About Coury Hospitality:
We are a group of forward-thinkers who are driven to create beautiful places and inspire unforgettable experiences. Our approach is very hands-on and creative, and our goal is to lay the foundation to usher you into an innovative realm of possibilities. Whether you are renovating an existing hotel, considering the purchase of a hotel, or exploring the viability of retrofitting a building for hospitality purposes, we are here to make your visions reality.
We live and breathe hospitality and offer expertise in every facet of our field.
Our story began 30 years ago when Paul Coury founded Coury Properties, a full-service commercial real estate investment advisory firm. In the late 1980's, Paul purchased his first hotel for redevelopment and started providing asset management services for an investor with hotels and golf courses spanning Florida, Chicago, California and Alaska. Over the years, operations also grew to include management of more than twenty commercial properties, investor-ownership of fifteen sites and a construction consulting development brokerage service, as well as the development of three ground-up residential communities, with an aggregate company value in excess of $200 million.
In 1999, after an extensive historical renovation that tied updated elegance and old glory together perfectly, Paul opened the doors of his first boutique hotel. The Ambassador Hotel Tulsa paved the way for many of our portfolio’s historic hotel renovations. As our portfolio continued to grow, we formed our hospitality division, Coury Hospitality.
About the team:
We are a team of strong leadership united in our vision of delivering world-class service. We operate businesses with a hands-on approach at every level of our team. The collaboration between the executive team and hotel associates gives us our unique, inclusive culture, which translates into the exceptional experiences we deliver to our guests.
Our executive team members hail from around the globe and have worked at world-class properties including the Ritz-Carlton New York, Waldorf-Astoria New York, and The Mansion on Turtle Creek. Each member of our team has an impressive résumé full of experience and accolades that foster our continued excellence.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs