Location: San Juan Islands (off Seattle)
Management Company: NA
Important: Must be flexible with responsibilities and be a team player, be prepared to wear many hats at this small resort property, embrace new technologies and be adaptable to change.
Prefer Seattle and/or San Juan Islands-based or area candidates
Essential Job Functions:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ALL activities related to Accounting and for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for completion of monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide accurate calculations of annual depreciation schedules and capital expenditures
- Assume responsibility for the timely completion of the annual budget.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls, which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, enhance the company's value
- Ability to create financial statements and budgets for new properties is a plus
- Oversee and review the general ledger
- Manage all bank reconciliations
- Responsible for company wire transfers
- Respond to GM requests as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate all financial needs.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Arranges for audits of company's accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions
- Runs all payroll activities
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
This is a perfect position for someone who enjoys making a difference, has a teacher/mentor approach and likes working with a smaller team.
- 4 years progressive experience in managing hotel accounting operations with at least 2 years experience as DOF or Controller in a similar sized hotel
- A degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience supervising a team of employees, while being very hands-on
- Good knowledge of computer-based front and back of house Accounting Management Systems, PMS, POS etc.
- General Accounting system knowledge of M3 or Inn-Flow or Peachtree or other typical hotel accounting systems
Position Reports To: Hotel General Manager
Positions Reporting To DOF: none
Salary: up to 70K but DOE and benefits
Relocation: negotiable, but prefer Seattle/Island-based or area candidates
Work Permit: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs