Rubenstein has an opportunity for a Senior Writer to support the firm’s business development function. The role will be focused on new business proposal development, writing and editing in a fast-paced, complex environment across all sectors.
The ideal candidate is a versatile wordsmith and a smart business writer who can adapt to style, master any subject and convey both its essence and details in persuasive prose, all the while sustaining the uniformity and tone of our existing messaging.
Rubenstein’s clientele includes global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, real estate concerns, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, business executives and public figures.
- Develop client communications, proposals, executive bios, case studies, oral presentations and other documents, primarily to help win new business
- Review proposals to ensure compliance with RFP requirements; identify potential concerns or challenges; review and edit drafts for readability, clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and formatting
- Create, capture and distill concepts, ideas and identify key messages into easily understood and succinct prose that adopts the tone and ethos of the Rubenstein brand and resonates with the client(s)
- Collaborate with team members, account executives, and senior management to create and edit content
- Continuously cultivate effective working relationships with our internal teams
- Participate in kick-off, strategy, solution, recovery and debrief meetings respective to writing assignments
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Finely tuned ability to present ideas clearly, compellingly, and simply; sift through a discussion and extract the most significant information and action items; ability to synthesize information into a concise format
- Understanding of the fundamentals of public relations and familiarity with designing public relations / communications campaigns, programs, and strategies
- Understanding of the RFP process, including the ability to interpret and organize RFP response, components, and compliance
- Quickly grasp specialist knowledge and then make it clear for external parties; ability to adapt to new writing styles on a variety of diverse topics; ability to understand and extrapolate the difference between strategy and tactics
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures and can fluidly pivot to address pressing matters at a moment’s notice
- Must be well-organized, flexible, adaptable, versatile and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skill and discretion in handling C-suite issues and executive positioning
- Expertise with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional, executive presence and the proven ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of staff and management
- News savvy and up-to-date on current events and emerging digital trends
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative and energetic personality
- Knowledge of and experience in different media-related digital platforms, marketing and/or branding, and research
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree required – preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, Business, Research, English or related fields
- 10+ years of writing experience in public relations, crisis communications, strategic communications, marketing and/or branding, research, and/or business development, demonstrating a range of styles and formats, is required
- Prior proposal writing experience in a public relations agency or professional services environment is preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position