Rubenstein seeks a Senior Level, Crisis Communications Executive to manage and lead a team in counseling clients on highly complicated reputation matters, develop and implement PR programs and generate media opportunities.
Rubenstein’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate concerns, business executives and public figures.
- Establish and cultivate strong client relationships, provide strategic counsel, and successfully manage day-to-day needs, expectations, and the implementation of client programs to meet business, consumer and/or charitable goals
- Serve as senior level counselor for multiple client accounts on communications programs, including those tailored to crisis response and reputation management
- Develop and execute crisis and issues management plans, including proper procedures and materials; earn the trust of clients and retain their business following a crisis response
- Craft, manage, implement and convey clients’ messages through a full range of media outreach; cultivate effective relationships with mainstream news outlets on the local and national level
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials
- Propose and implement digital and social media engagement strategy for clients; regularly counsel client on integrated strategies that not only engage constituents and partners, but also drive affinity and positive sentiment
- Engage with organizations, community leaders and the public to educate on client’s behalf
- Help navigate local government institutions and city agencies
- Oversee research, media monitoring and analysis
- Participate in networking events and thought leadership opportunities through speaking engagements and written content in order to grow agency visibility and reputation in the marketplace
- Identify and assess new business leads; participate in new business development initiatives
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions and be able to confidently chart a course with high level CEOs or other C-Suite executives
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Understanding of the intersection between traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different crisis purposes
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; proven ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors; ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong aptitude to thoughtfully counsel client to approach without executive leadership when necessary
- Background in political or government relations on city, state, or federal level would be helpful to service a generalist mix of clients; understanding of the political nuances at intersection of media, government and client goals
- Experience developing, managing and executing public affairs campaigns for corporate and non-profit clients on wide-ranging local, state, and national issues a plus
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Proven ability to generate agency revenue through organic growth and new business wins is a plus
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years’ external communications experience at a PR agency, government entity or in-house desirable, servicing diverse client base and issues in public affairs, corporate, community relations, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, a related field or in the liberal arts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position