Rubenstein is seeking a Vice President, Entertainment to provide strategic counsel and media relations for a variety of clients in the entertainment space, focusing on entertainment properties as well as corporate communications, specifically for television, film, web series and lifestyle.
The VP, Entertainment will be a strategist and creative thinker with a background in television and film publicity, and experience in corporate and crisis communications for entertainment entities. Experience leading campaigns for original series, movies – theatrical and documentary, television specials, and/or premium cable, across traditional and digital channels, is preferred.
Rubenstein’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate concerns, business executives and public figures.
- Craft and implement strategic, publicity-oriented media plans, communications programs, content, and event publicity; lead campaigns for film and TV titles
- Lead corporate communications for clients involving media relations, strategic positioning and planning, message development, special events and influencer engagement
- Run festival and specialized-audience campaigns for film, television and/or web-series and digital content
- Maintain client health and account growth by serving as counselor and strategist for clients
- Cultivate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials
- Design and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives with national publications; secure executive placement on prestigious industry panels and seminars
- Draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations and talent appearances, including preparing executives and talent for press interviews
- Oversee creation of owned and earned content
- Plan and execute red carpet events and junkets for premieres, awards and other programming specials
- Provide guidance to team members on effective pitching, account workflow and general account management
- Participate in new business development initiatives
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors; ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Strong understanding of primary and secondary audiences
- Ability to lead campaign and provide strong counsel to clients
- Effective managerial and project management skills
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail, while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years of client and media relations experience within the entertainment space (TV/Film)
- Agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position