Rubenstein seeks a Vice President, Generalist to provide strategic counsel and media relations for a variety of clients across multiple sectors.
Rubenstein’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate concerns, business executives and public figures.
- Craft, manage and implement strategic, publicity-oriented media plans and communications programs for clients, involving media relations, strategic positioning and planning, message development, and influencer engagement
- Design and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives with national publications; secure executive placement on prestigious industry panels and seminars
- Contribute to strategy and tactical planning to meet client needs and expectations
- Serve as counselor and strategist for client; maintain client health and account growth
- Manage day-to-day aspects of client/account services, serving as a main point of contact on a number of different accounts to facilitate timely responses, organize meetings and call calendars, prepare documents, etc.
- Efficiently write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials
- Cultivate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Provide guidance to team members on account workflow and general account management; oversee timely development of coverage reports and media monitoring reports
- Directly liaise with senior and junior staff, serving as a conduit among the larger team and client, and supervising delegation of group responsibilities and deliverables, as appropriate
- Draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations, including preparing executives and talent for press interviews
- Oversee content creation, dissemination of press materials, and the management of media relationships
- Assist in the planning and running of client events
- Participate in new business development initiatives
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and presentation skills; ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors; ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Effective managerial and project management skills
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Quick at writing and drafting media materials and client memos
- Proven ability to generate agency revenue through organic growth and new business wins
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team is required
- Bachelor’s degree required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position