Rubenstein is seeking an Account Executive, Entertainment to execute public relations strategies for a variety of clients in the entertainment space, focusing on entertainment properties as well as corporate communications, specifically for television, film, web series and lifestyle.
The AE, Entertainment is a strategic and creative thinker with a background in streaming services, television and film publicity. The AE will handle direct client contact and day-to-day activities with supervision, while taking on increasing levels of autonomy and accountability. The AE’s duties will also include writing press releases and other communication materials, pitching stories to the media, fielding media calls and monitoring press coverage, and executing press events, all while further cultivating their media relationships.
Experience in corporate communications for entertainment entities and/or working on publicity campaigns for original series, movies – theatrical and documentary, television specials, and/or premium cable, across traditional and digital channels, is preferred.
Rubenstein’s clientele includes: global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate concerns, business executives and public figures.
- Take the lead on client projects with supervision, including the implementation of strategic, publicity-oriented media plans, communications programs, content, and event publicity on campaigns for film, TV and other content titles;
- Assist on corporate communications for clients involving media relations, strategic positioning and planning, message development, special events and influencer engagement;
- Implement festival and specialized-audience campaigns for film, television and/or web-series and digital content; execute red carpet events and junkets for premieres, awards and other programming specials;
- Develop, edit and review press releases, pitches, recaps, clipbooks and other media materials and internal documents;
- Maintain daily client interaction to update, report and discuss account activity;
- Interact with all levels of national, local and trade media proactively and responsively to generate publicity opportunities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships;
- Manage daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results;
- Provide client counsel and manage expectations concerning media opportunities;
- Develop and execute strategic media plans (i.e., business goals, key messaging, media opportunities, tactics, media relations);
- Ensure that managers are kept fully informed regarding activities and client plans of individuals and clients;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop broader strategic initiatives for clients.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures
- News-savvy and up-to-date on current events; perceptive of what makes a topic timely and newsworthy
- Able to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Capable of communicating effectively in written and oral presentations
- Able to synthesize information into a concise format
- Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative, curious, and energetic personality
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Able to deliver PR results across print, online and broadcast; existing relationships with media outlets on local and national level a plus
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3 – 5 years of client and media relations experience within the entertainment space (TV/Film/Content)
- Agency experience preferred
- College degree required - preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, English or related fields
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position