Rubenstein is seeking a Nominations Writer to work with our Legal Public Relations practice. This person’s primary function will be to draft awards nominations on behalf of law firm clients.
The Nominations Writer will support our clients’ participation in industry directories, surveys, awards and rankings, in various legal and industry publications, with the goal of increasing recognition for law firms, practice areas and the firm’s lawyers. The Nominations Writer will also work with clients and staff to craft award-winning submissions and manage the nominations tracking process. In addition, the Nominations Writer will be called on to assist client teams with other writing assignments, such as drafting press releases. The position has potential for growth into other public relations assignments.
- Crafting written rankings and award submissions for law firm clients, including the more complex and competitive submissions needed for the full complement of AmLaw publications, Law360, other legal publications, and local, regional business journals, among others
- Continually coordinate with researchers and update methodology, deadline and criteria information for credible ranking opportunities relevant to our law firm clients, inclusive of specific practice area(s) of focus and priority geographic markets
- For some clients, crafting Chambers USA submissions, which tend to be more complex and comprehensive
- Schedule and conduct interviews with clients and/or individual nominees in order to craft attorney, firm and practice profiles and lead the creation of award-winning submissions
- Review clients’ nominations and provide recommendations on the type of information to include, and advice on positioning that information most effectively
- Quickly and accurately proofread submissions
- Assist with the management and upkeep of the awards, rankings and nominations calendar / tracking process for recognitions at the firm-wide, practice group, and individual levels
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail, and able to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures
- Must possess excellent writing and editing skills, and be capable of communicating effectively and persuasively in written and oral presentations
- Able to synthesize information into a concise format
- Must possess strong interview skills and be able to create compelling storylines for award-winning submissions based on interviews with subject matter experts about complex matters
- Be news savvy and up-to-date on current events
- Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately
- Strong project management and process implementation skills
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative, curious, and energetic personality
- Knowledge and experience with different media-related digital platforms
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of legal and/or professional services writing experience
- Experience in legal marketing, journalism, and/or public relations is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position