Rubenstein seeks a talented, motivated and dynamic Associate Vice President, Public Relations Generalist to provide strategic counsel and media relations for a variety of clients across multiple sectors including, but not limited to, performing arts, cultural institutions, sports, science, and high-profile events.
Rubenstein clients include: global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate concerns, business executives and public figures.
- Craft and implement strategic, publicity-oriented media plans and communications programs for clients, involving media relations, strategic positioning and planning, message development, and influencer engagement
- Pitch to media and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives, securing coverage with regional and national publications
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, where appropriate, continually fostering client-agency relationship, building trust, and anticipating and addressing client needs
- Contribute to strategy and tactical planning to meet client needs and expectations
- Efficiently write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials
- Cultivate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Assist in the planning and oversee the coordination of large-scale media events, including organizing, staffing and managing press
- Draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations, including preparing executives and talent for press interviews
- Efficiently work within a team account structure; manage array of junior staff and guide their ability to meet deadlines, enhance skills and cultivate media relationships
- Oversee content creation, dissemination of press materials, and the management of media relationships
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing skills, with documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, and strategic communications materials
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- 6+ years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team is required
- College degree required - preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
Department: Arts & Culture
This is a full time position